Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Quick inlet manifold removal question

gontix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive S 3.8
Have a V6 VR which I'm pulling the inlet manifold off. Now do I need to remove the fuel injectors from the manifold before I can remove it or can I just leave them all on there (along with the fuel rail) and pull them off with the inlet manifold? I just figure it'll be simpler and then won't have to bother replacing the injector O-rings.

Cheers

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
Yep just leave the injectors and fuel rail there buddy. It will all just come out as 1. Make sure you depressurize the fuel lines before disconnecting them as this can cause damage to the return fuel line if you don't.

Mumbo Man

gontix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive S 3.8
Nah no doing. The inlet manifold bolts were just to difficult to access with the fuel rail in the way. The O-rings on the injectors look ok; I imagine it'll be ok to use them again (cars on LPG anyway)?

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Better off getting new O rings mate, or at least keep them moist in something, I didn't replace them once, thinking it'd be allright, ended up having a world of issues with a vacume leak.