Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

quick insurance question

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
hi eyeryone,

Is it illegal to have your car parked out on the street if you have no insurance but it is still registered? now i have a new car i have let the insurance go on the other one (two seperate insurance companies.) reason i want to know is 1. i don't wanna get booked 2. if someone hit my car will it still be fixed.
i can move the car up next to the house but it's to much of a hassel with the boat n bikes, but if i have to i can put it there i just don't want to:p

cheers all:thumbsup:

J_D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1 and VS V8 Statesman
It isnt illegal to not have insurance on a car (only CTP is mandatory). But just be aware that if someone hits your car and does a runner then you would have to pay out of your own pocket, also it would be up to you to chase up payment thru the courts if someone refused to pay for the damage. Thats one thing I like about third party property insurance, if someone hits you the insurance company chases it thru the courts for you and (depending on the company) will even pay a couple of grand if the car is written off by an uninsured driver.

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
ok cool thanks guys:thumbsup: :thumbsup: