Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Quick intake question.

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
cant you also pour water into air intake to cool the plenum down aswell.. heard it can add atleast 15kw per litre

brings up a good point. was talking to an engineer, and he is mentioned to me that if you had an injector type of thing within the intake pipe, which sprayed a very fine mist of water, like really micro mm small, it would actually make the air denser. dunno though, doesnt denser air reduce power?

VYHDT

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY HDT
brings up a good point. was talking to an engineer, and he is mentioned to me that if you had an injector type of thing within the intake pipe, which sprayed a very fine mist of water, like really micro mm small, it would actually make the air denser. dunno though, doesnt denser air reduce power?

the more water you put in the higher the density... highter density = power gain

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
sorry, i got confused with it all. for some reason i thought in my head hot air is denser. im wrong, cooler air is denser. i am an idiot hahaha

We all have brain farts once in a while. :)

AzTuati

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT SS 5.0
thanks for all the help guys, i got a few rough ideas on how i can set it up now. will post later once i figure it out a bit more.