Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Quick intake question.

AzTuati

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT SS 5.0
Im new to VZ ive only just got mine so im learning about it.

My mate is doing my intake custom and we were thinking of mounting the pod down between the engine and radiator, next to the fan.

This leads me to my question, yes i know it will take in hot air while idleing at a set of lights or whatever but as im driving say 60ks would it suck in a good amount of cold air being there?

if you have a cocky comment keep it to yourself im here to learn and hear what people think...

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
I trualled a pod filter and found it did absolutely nothing performance wise, it increased fuel around town but was the same in the highway, if I was you, I wouldn't bother with a pod just stick with the stock airbox and k&n filter.

AzTuati

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT SS 5.0
growlers use pods dont they? we were doing something similar but different location. Thanks Impulse ill have a look around, i dont think ive ever heard of anyone trying this on a VZ before. In your opinion what do you think? would it take in much cold air or would it get all the heat from the engine?

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
The further away the pod is from the engine the better (if you have to use a pod). You haven't heard of anyone trying it because it's not a good location for an intake. As above, stick with the stock box and a K&N or do the 2 hole mod with a K&N.

AzTuati

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT SS 5.0
hmm, ok thanks guys ill have a look at something else to do with it.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
LOL two hole mod is a joke. I cut the whole front out my original airbox. Guess what difference it made.... I could fit my hand in it. That's it.