Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Quick Pod Filter Question...

grimavxs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore S2
Ive got a VX S with standard CAI.

Ive decided to run extra piping from airbox to the front spoiler and take advantage of my fog light holes to get some colder air into the airbox.

I want to change from flat panel to Pod buttt I'm havign some issues finding an attachment that'll fit onto the Air Flow Sensor (diamater of about 3.5") and slide into the airbox through standard hole and attach to a pod filter.

Can anyone who's done this mod shed some light on what they used?

Thanks

grimavxs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore S2
surely someones done this mod?

I've tried every place thinkable to get an adaptor - only place I havn't tried is an exhaust place to get a piece custom made..

6 SLEEPER

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 3.8 L
iv got the adapter your after but dont waste your time i done the same thing as you it just sucks more juice and sounds alot harder.your best bet with this mod is to get a maff less tune then it will kick ass hope this helps you

grimavxs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore S2
iv got the adapter your after but dont waste your time i done the same thing as you it just sucks more juice and sounds alot harder.your best bet with this mod is to get a maff less tune then it will kick ass hope this helps you

really? because so far (without the pod) and after two full tanks of fuel - I've had a noticeable mileage increase as well as small performance increase.

Either way - where did you get your adapter mate? :)?

jamo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx s2 wagon
hey dude i have just done a similar mod to my vx and this is how i did it..go to bunnings or plumbers supplies and buy a section of grey(to match other grey bits under bonnet and white looks **** and gets dirty)90mm storm water pipe.make sure you get the piece with flared end.the flared end will slip right into the air sensor with the original clamp still being used to hold in place then attatch pod to other end.not sure about fuel consumption but hey who cares when it sounds tough??check out these pics there in the dark but you should still be able to see what i've done.hope this helps you let me know how you go...
pod3.jpg

pod2.jpg

pod1.jpg

grimavxs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore S2
thanks for that jamo..

what did you do with the top of the airbox?

jamo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx s2 wagon
thanks for that jamo..

what did you do with the top of the airbox?

funny you ask.. left the lid on the driveway in my haste to take the car for a rap around the block to check things out(to make some noise)hehe, and when i come back, because the car is so low at the front i actually got the lid stuck under the front bar when i come back up the driveway and ground some of it away!! still useable in the future just a little worn on one edge hahahaha:thumbsup:

grimavxs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore S2
haha niceeee one..

lol

but what i meant to ask isss.. can that piping from bunnings fit into the hole on the top half of the airbox so the box is completely sealed and pod fits inside?

jamo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx s2 wagon
haha niceeee one..

lol

but what i meant to ask isss.. can that piping from bunnings fit into the hole on the top half of the airbox so the box is completely sealed and pod fits inside?

not really dude..you could probably do something if you were really keen but would involve a lot of mucking around with reducers..one thought but..how you gonna attatch the pod inside the box...and why do you still want the lid on??you wont hear the thing working...