Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

quick questino on a cluster face..

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
na all u gotta take out is the dash fasica then unplug the headlight switch the mode switch and ur hazard switch, helps 2 lower the steering wheel also then it should come out then u just unscrew 2 screws that hold the cluster in n then ur pretty much on ur way home simple really take mayb 30 mins max if that

Miss-E

VTCOM6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Thats very strange. The ones ive seen at auto salon and in stores are the same as well.

I almost got a blue one, but i really wanted black with white light up numbers. The green on the back of it made that impossible butwere still playing around with a few ideas.

Muz-VT

Reaction score
Members Ride
'99 VT SS Supercharged
I've got the white version

I bought the white version of these dials from ebay a few weeks ago. The installation is fairly straight forward. The Instructions supplied are a crap photocopy of a photocopy.

I contacted the seller and he advised that’s all he is supplied with.

The only problem I have found is that the original VDO dials are glued down and these replacement dials are starting to lift of the cluster and causing light leakage at night.

Once I find out what glue to use, all should be fine.

At night the dials look same as original. Only the needles “glow” more probably due to the white background.

I have attached some pics.

Cheers
Muz.

Attachments

• Dash-01.JPG
    Dash-01.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 150
  • Dash-02.JPG
    Dash-02.JPG
    25 KB · Views: 157
  • Dash-03.JPG
    Dash-03.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 221
  • Dash-04.JPG
    Dash-04.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 171
  • Dash-05.JPG
    Dash-05.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 231

beeks

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 5sp MKII + DR 600S
Don't like all of the icons visible,that's what put me off in the first place.It would be better if they could camouflage them like Holden do.

myberlina

BAD COP! NO DOUGHNUT!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Calais
I agree with beeks. I like all these icons to be visible only when they are lit and necessary.

By daylight I think seeing something such as the brake fail or engine warning lamp would be much more difficult.

As for me... sticking with the LED conversion...

Muz-VT

Reaction score
Members Ride
'99 VT SS Supercharged
Yes, the information icons are a little harder to see during the day,
however any of the warning icons are accompanied by an audible beeping to get your attention.

Its just a bit of fun, and the good part is when your sick of them your can put the original dials back in.

beeks

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 5sp MKII + DR 600S
super_6 said:
does any1 know what the quality of the cheaper ebay ones r like? ebays r like $70-$80 while american autos sell for about $199 i think
It's just those bloody Americans,they like to rip you off.Just make sure that's not 199 AMERICAN $$$..