Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Quick question about painting!

tysonVL

L Plater..
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL sl
Hey,

So, I suppose you all know how people spray vl's a colour over like silver or whatever.

I want to do this but just do the silver part, so I'll be respraying my bumpers, trim and the space on the doors below the trim.

I've previously already done the bumpers myself, but just wondering how I would go about doing the space below the trim on the doors etc?
If you don't know what I mean, you can have a look at the section I mean on my car, link is in signature!

thanks!

vn_v6

Blumpkin
Reaction score
Members Ride
87 vl limited edition
my neighbor did his vl calais, masked up car, and sprayd them with rattle can exact same way he did his bumpers, both same material, just make sure if you dont take it off the car, MASK MASK MASK MASK the whole side of the car, and even cover the roof/bonnet/boot with clothes if you dont want overspray or do it outdoors on calm day

tysonVL

L Plater..
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL sl
BUMP!

Still don't have an answer, I mean I want to spray the section under the trim on the side/doors!
Please help

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
moved to the new spray painting section. see if you get some more replies in here

vk.jonno

:):):)
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk commodore, hq one tonner, hj ute,
sand everywhere u want to paint untill its smooth.
mask off where u dont want to paint
clean with wax and greace remover or whatever floats your boat
and paint :)