Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

quick question bout my lights

jolly_97

THE VACATIONER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 VP Vacationer
just a quick question bout my lights, parkers to be precise. what model code or whateva are they, because ive seen heaps of T10 wedge parkers on ebay and im looking at getting a green set. I destroyed some plastic sleeves with my interior light & i figure the same is going to happen with my parkers eventually (the sleeves melted to the light)

can anyone help me clear this up :whistling

ive been looking on ebay heaps and ive found a stack of diff green parkers that i love but i needa make sure im getting some that will fit :yeah: :p

cheers
Josh

ps: oh and while im here, this question is stupid but ive looked everywhere, is my car S1 or S2? :p (November 1992 build)

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Nah plastic sleeves should be fine if you get proper ones like from Repco etc.

Had them on my parkers for over a year before I was defected.

Remember that as well, that it is illegal. Plastic sleeves are cheaper, and just need to be removed, not new globes when you get defected.

jolly_97

THE VACATIONER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 VP Vacationer
lol yeah mmm i live in a town of not even 15,000 people, plus you can pretty much talk your way out of anything with the cops around here. my mate has electric blue parkers on his AU ute and it looks good (bout the best thing on the car is the lights :p)

either way, still didnt answer my question lol, i know headlights are H4 because i just bought a set of white xenon ones i just wanna know what type the parkers are and wat series my beloved VP is :p

anyways, the things im thinkin about gettin (if they are the right type) are

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/AUTOTECNICA-...yZ102560QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

or

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/AUTOTECNICA-...yZ102560QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

plus ive already ordered one of these (in green ofcourse)

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/12V-39mm-8-L...9QQihZ019QQcategoryZ30862QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

cheers
Josh

-UNKNOWN-

Reaction score
Members Ride
'95 VR S2 BT1 5 Speed, N13 Pulsar Vector
Any 10mm wedge globe will fit, it would prolly be easier to go to your local auto store like motoquipe or somthing and pay $10 for em. Less hassle than ebay

jolly_97

THE VACATIONER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 VP Vacationer
ok, well thats good to know, ill look into gettin some off ebay.

yeah i went into my repco & autopro (only car stores we have here) and both of them said they dont stock coloured parkers at all, only xenon/halogen/white light ones and the plastic sleeves i got FROM REPCO were the ones that melted so mmm i dont trust them anymore haha...

i figure the LED interior light will be a bit brighter and look better anyway because the sleeves give off a bit of a dull glow... ill order my parkers next pay i rekon.. :D

cheers
Josh

jolly_97

THE VACATIONER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 VP Vacationer
yeah true... when i was drivin out to my mixed netball game tonight (haha yes i play netball :p) and there was a VT clubby sittin behind me with green led parkers and they had their headlights on, i rekon it looked wicked.

oh and another thing i heard, prob not true but i heard that u can have whatever colour parkers u want as long as theyre not red, blue or amber (emergency services) but the rest are fine...

ill just keep the old set of parkers in my glovebox anyway, so if i do happen to be pulled over ill just whack them back in and go down the next day, bye bye defect...

ill put them in if theyre illegal anyway, heaps of my mates have coloured parkers & those LED window washers and have never been pulled over (mate with the AU got done for blue number plate lights but that was just stupid of him) havent heard of anyone in our town gettin done for window washers or parkers... im not gettin window washers tho, too ricey :D

cheers
Josh