Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Quick question

jbogz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS UTE
hey,
I have a 2004 VY SS Ute (40,000k's, monaro bonnet, red leather seats, red dash, 19's, bit of work done on the suspension, cold air intake, and split exhaust out the back, sun roof and climate) and it's black and in great condition.

I've been look at getting a 2006 SS-V sedan for a little while now and i've come across that wants to a swap for a ss ute or $26000. He looked at my ute and he still wants a couple grand his way. his car has 22", leather int, dvd and so on (no engine mods) it also has 81,000k's.

what do you think i'm better of doing?
Am i better off keeping the ute as i am pretty sure in a few years time it will be worth a lot more or look further into the swapping?

HELP!

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Jump on carsales, check the prices of other 04 SS utes and their condition & kms, and U have a rough price for urs. Do the same for the Calais ssv. Then make ur decision from reseach, and if need be tell him what u've found and see what he says.

jbogz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS UTE
I can't get a close price unless i pay $22, it says the ssv is worth more. But i can't really tell by that as it's saying average k's are 140,000 - 200,000 and obviously a little less for the SSV.

But mine only has 40,000 k's!! for that year of car it really is not many.

I'm confused haha

Tomo m8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cammed LS1 VY
yes, 40,000k's is very low but i personally don't think that would make it worth $26,000..if that was me i'd have no problem adding a couple of grand for his SS-V, as long as it was in good condition

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
Your ute isnt worth what you think on todays market, and wont be a collectable in years to come. I would say a changeover of around $8,000 his way would be about on the mark. And I am not trying to be smart, its just the times I am afraid.

jbogz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS UTE
Yeah okay, hard one! think maybe i'll try and sell privately for the best price possible. I'm in no rush to sell, and i reckon i could find a better sedan if i had the money rather then doing it for a trade.

The market for the utes at the moment have dropped massively, I know i won't loose money on it so I'm happy with that.

I don't really need to sell either, moving to Melbourne in 2 months, just won't be using it as much. so maybe put her in the garage for now :)

thanks for your help guys :)