Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

quick question

hN!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 03
Got home from work today and the car was leaking water had a look under the bonnet my water was just about empty then i seen small drips coming from one of the heater hoses anyone know what it could be its like its running down from the top and dripping in the middle of the hose its dark so havent had a good look but yeah if you know what im on about plz help.

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
those heating pipes are for the heater, it uses the cooling system to get the heat sorce to genirate the heat, it might be leaking on the inside or near the fire wall possible rubbed agains the fire wall causing a hole (need more details on the possition), refill the radiator and overflow bottle and BLEED it, as this is a very tense thing that is happening, as if you lose to much coolant the air will get in your system and then bye bye head

harry3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl berlina wagon 6cyl
I would like to change those 2 heater rubber hoses, down the back
how difficult is it? do you need specially shaped hoses or can straight hose be used?
the heater valve is under the dashboard and is controlled by a vacuum operated motor, the vacuum hose had fallen off mine

hN!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 03
Just ring up a parts mob and order them mine were like $7 each from eagers, BUT thats not my prob mine is this small metal fitting that goes into the engine it has 2 hoses coming off it its like its all rusted out so yeah it will be a fun job can anyone tell me if they have done this because i dont wanna snap it off because i thinks its pretty fked up

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
Can you post a pic of the bit your talking about? or find a pic on here of a vl engine bay and use paint edit to mark where it is.

hN!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 03
best description i could do couldnt find any engine pics..

Attachments

• pic.bmp
    103.4 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
Ok if the fitting is attached to the head be very very very careful when removing and replacing it because if you strip the thread you are f%cked. The head is alloy and I have had similar dethreading probs in the past.

Get a workshop to fix it, prolly take them 5 mins and they might just charge you for the part if they supply it. Most workshops want to build a good customer base so they will try and help you out. And if the workshop strips the thread they are up for fixing it.

hN!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 03
its at the back bottom part of the engine theres one at the front aswell but yeah i think im going to get someone to do it seems to risky and hard to get to.