Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

quick question...

jolly_97

THE VACATIONER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 VP Vacationer
hey guys, just wondering whether my vp would be a series 1 or 2 and wether i have IRS or not.

i kno i definately dont have ABS and the thing below my CD player says RTS - Radial Tuned Suspension so im assuming i have a live axle, not IRS.

the only thing thats got me beat is what series it is. its a Nov 1992 build...:w00t:

any comments welcome :yeah:

Cheers
Josh

jolly_97

THE VACATIONER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 VP Vacationer
bump... no1?

ok, while im asking questions...

what size globe would my car take? (headlight/hi-beam)
because i wanna upgrade to some white light headlights but i dont know the sizes and cant find it anywhere...

Spike79

Just Confused!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra LX6, VP Berlina LX, Citroen C3
Series 2 model VP's were manufactured from the 26th October 1992. So you've most likely got a series 2.

Models with ABS or IRS had the relevant badges for ABS/IRS in a few places. More technically, there should be a modulator unit for the ABS between the power steering pump and the coolant reserve tank.

The bulbs you need to get are (H4 12V 60/55W) Don't go to a higher wattage eg. 100W without upgrading the wiring system.

Hope this helps.

pandaman

Aussie Muscle Fan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0 A4
There's a very easy way to tell if you have ABS, I'm sure you'll figure that one out for yourself. As for IRS, the radial tuned suspension badge means that it shouldn't have IRS. If you wanna know for sure just get underneath and have a look, if theres a solid axle coming out on either side of the diff, then you don't have IRS. If there are rubber boots on each side of the diff with axles coming out that can move independently of the diff, then you have IRS.

jolly_97

THE VACATIONER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 VP Vacationer
ok cheers for that guys! i found out that my headlights were H4, it was embossed on the light cap... :embarrass

is H4 the only one ill be needing? coz i noticed there is a hi-beam globe in there aswell.. or should i just leave it be lol, not really worth wasting my money as i drive mostly around town..?

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
dont worry about high's until they need replacing most people only use them about 5% of the time.

jolly_97

THE VACATIONER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 VP Vacationer
yeah thats what i thought. ill have a look around ebay for some decent globes then...

save me starting a new thread, how hard are the side indicators to get off? i just bought a clear set off of ebay and i wanna kno how to get my existing ones off and put my new ones in. dont wanna be sitting there for a week going uhhh this is fun.... ;)