Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Quick Questions : 2010 SSV Manual Sportwagon

deongster

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Commodore SSV Manual Sportwagon
Hi guys,

Good day to you.

Im new here and i am actually going to put a deposit down this Friday for a 2010 SSV Manual Sportwagon.

Before i do that - just wanted to see if any of you guys have any negative comments about it. So that i will know what i am getting myself into - i have browsed through the forums and am still browsing. I still believe the best people to speak to are you guys.

Also another quick question :

The engine - runs on timing belts or timing chain? Any comments on the reliability of the engine? Parts failure?

Please do let me know.

Cheers!

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
I have had four of them (yeah.. 4 manual VE SSv sportwagons both Si and SII and I am pissed off they are not for sale on VF)

no issues with any.. except the first one which kept on destroying front strut bearings. 5 or 6 sets in the 2 and a bit
years I had it (mind you it did a lot of kms). Even tyre life is good with the factory RE050As.... 50-60000 kms on the rears
and at least 70,000 on the fronts

Only 2 things that I did not like... the sun reflecting off the silver dashboard strips (fixed by going to black or matt black ones)
and the barely acceptable brakes ( ... I tow a lot). this was fixed by going to QFM full face pads .. front and rear
which improves the brakes 20-25%