Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Quick remove sub

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
Hey

Im just getting a cheap (like $35 cheap) sub&amp for my VP, Until my bank lets me go for a decent sub setup.

Im planning on using velcro to secure it down, But im just wondering, If I need to remove it quick, whats the best/safest way to remove it without having a live cable flapping around in the boot and the need of tools to remove?

Basically, Incase I need to put something into the boot, I want to be able to have this thing out fast and using 2 hands...

I was thinking maybe inline fuse so I can just twist and remove, But then there is still the ground which Ill need a screwdriver and a bit of ####ing around to remove...

Oh, forgot to mention, Ill be using 8ga coming off the distribution block under my parcel shelf...

Let me know

VKC

EDIT: also forgot to mention, as this is a temp setup and the amp is already mounted on the back of the sub, thats where it is staying unless I can find a way to do what I want (above)

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
wat size sub + box u gettin??? the boot space is massive so i dont see y u would need 2 remove it? wat u puttin in ur boot that u cant fit in there with ur sub?

vk.jonno

:):):)
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk commodore, hq one tonner, hj ute,
lol get a sub wiring kit. wire positave to the battery with the fuse at the battery
wire it to the amp wire the remote wire to the head unit
wire the earth to the boot
put the amp in
put the sub in
leve it there cos itll blow up in like a week if its only 35 bucks hahaha

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
wat size sub + box u gettin??? the boot space is massive so i dont see y u would need 2 remove it? wat u puttin in ur boot that u cant fit in there with ur sub?
10" sub and some sort of amp... LOL.. Umm, Like mowers and stuff, I have to properties and when the Prado is away, My car is the only other option for big ****...
lol get a sub wiring kit. wire positave to the battery with the fuse at the battery
wire it to the amp wire the remote wire to the head unit
wire the earth to the boot
put the amp in
put the sub in
leve it there cos itll blow up in like a week if its only 35 bucks hahaha

Ive done all the wiring etc when I installed the amps for my speakers.. LOL

the sub should last for a while, Just until I have funds again.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Put a switch on the remote turn-on (REM) wire. Switch off means amp won't turn on. Or just unplug the sub wiring at the amp, even if the amp is turned on and has input it will no nothing, since it has close to infinite resistance it will output nothing.

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
Just mount the amp to the back of the rear seats, or underneath the parcel shelf and run your sub wires to the sub box with banna clips on the wires to just plug and play,...

When you want to move the sub, just unplug it and leave the amp behind?

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Banana plugs for the win! Just make sure they have plenty of insulation around them so no harm when they bounce of each other.

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Put a switch on the remote turn-on (REM) wire. Switch off means amp won't turn on. Or just unplug the sub wiring at the amp, even if the amp is turned on and has input it will no nothing, since it has close to infinite resistance it will output nothing.
But then I still have to have an allen key to #### around and remove it, But thanks for the tip
Dude,
Get an anderson plug for the Amp Positive & negative,
anderson plug, Cars, Bikes, Boats, Industrial, Home items at low prices on eBay.com.au

Cheers
Mat
I dont know why I didnt think of that, I only use them at TAFE all the time :D
Just mount the amp to the back of the rear seats, or underneath the parcel shelf and run your sub wires to the sub box with banna clips on the wires to just plug and play,...

When you want to move the sub, just unplug it and leave the amp behind?
That is actually what I decided to do, Ive already got 2 amps under the parcel shelf so Ill try to figure out where to mount this one.

As acar.. said Ill put a switch on the remote so when it is unplugged it isnt using power (for when im using it with the car off) and just unplug the cables out of the sub... I removed the cables out of the sub and it literally takes less than 2 seconds, Just push and remove

Thanks for the help guys :D

AmmoJammo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Wagon
mount the amps under the front seats...
whats the point in running power and rca cables all the way to the boot, only to run speaker cables all the way back to the front doors?