Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Quick remove sub

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
Ive already installed two 2 channel amps for the speakers under the parcel shelf, I took the 4 channel for the sub off and dummy fit it up under the parcel shelf, if I get long enough self tapping screws and drill pilot holes I should be able to squeeze in this one...

We didnt mount the amps under the front seats as we didnt want to #### around taking the seats out...

VYHDT

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY HDT
jack mount the sub amp with the other amps, and when u wanna take the sub out disconnect it from sub box, and take fuse out of amp...

untitled-25.jpg

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
10" sub and some sort of amp... LOL.. Umm, Like mowers and stuff, I have to properties and when the Prado is away, My car is the only other option for big ****...

No need 2 take it out ive got a 2 x 12' subs and 2 amps in my VP and can still fit the lawn mower and a whiper sniper in the boot lol, same with the VT :p its all about how u fit it out n since u got much smaller gear udhave no probs fittin stuff in there.

As 4 needing a switch 2 turn off ur remote wire u should b able 2 do that using the head unit.

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
jack mount the sub amp with the other amps, and when u wanna take the sub out disconnect it from sub box, and take fuse out of amp...

untitled-25.jpg
Thats the plan if it can fit, but since im lazy and you know I would lose the fuse, Im just putting a switch onto the REM wire for the sub amp...
No need 2 take it out ive got a 2 x 12' subs and 2 amps in my VP and can still fit the lawn mower and a whiper sniper in the boot lol, same with the VT :p its all about how u fit it out n since u got much smaller gear udhave no probs fittin stuff in there.

As 4 needing a switch 2 turn off ur remote wire u should b able 2 do that using the head unit.
IDK, I might have something I need to put in, or remove weight in the boot since I have a scrubbing issue when there is too much weight, and I need to tow the boat...

Not sure if my HU supports that, dont think it does, but if it did, it means an hour of messing with settings, and then I wont have sound full stop as all my speakers run of amps...

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
I think what wrx884 was talking about on the H/U, was with some headunits you can turn the sub output off with a button or switch. My Kenwood does this, I hit the button and it stops the sub RCA output but also turns the sub amps off too. Not sure how since I had it installed for me.

vk.jonno

:):):)
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk commodore, hq one tonner, hj ute,
this is so much talk on undoing 2 wires..
if u need to take the sub out dude take off the wires and lift it out.. its not hard hahha.

and u still owe me 10 bucks.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
if u need to take the sub out dude take off the wires and lift it out.. its not hard hahha.

He wants to be able to take it out in seconds. If you simply undo the push terminals on the sub box you risk the +ive and -ive wires shorting and creating a fire in your car.

The banana plugs solution solved this problem.

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
I think what wrx884 was talking about on the H/U, was with some headunits you can turn the sub output off with a button or switch. My Kenwood does this, I hit the button and it stops the sub RCA output but also turns the sub amps off too. Not sure how since I had it installed for me.
Yeah, So it just cuts power to the rem and RCA's I believe...

You owe me 10$

And my original plan was to keep the sub and amp all together, but ive changed that now
He wants to be able to take it out in seconds. If you simply undo the push terminals on the sub box you risk the +ive and -ive wires shorting and creating a fire in your car.

The banana plugs solution solved this problem.

Yeah, or the switch on the rem...

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Useless thread #95038362...

I reckon everytime the electrical impulses of VKC's brain fire we get a new thread.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina