Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

quick shift troubles plz help.

makntracks

Reaction score
Members Ride
cheap vn
just put a wat was ment to be a quick shifted box into my vn v6 it shifts faster than my old box but has got like a lag before gears where it just revs and doesnt move and it doesnt bang into gears some times it shifts well but other times it doesnt. if i hold it flat out it will rev to 5 grand and rev till limiter and then slowly change. but when im cruzing it revs and then takes ages to change. like i said this is like 80% of the time the other 20 it changes good when cruzing nice and fast. has any one expirenced this before or have any idea how i can fix it. how do i get it to shift in hard. any help graetly appreciated. let me know if you need any more info.
thanx
mick

anton1o

[GMHVN6]
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN 6 Berlina '90
Just wondering was the Gearbox rebuilt before you bought it, Also what stage Shiftkit..

A bit more information would be helpful.. Doesnt really sound like a shift-kit if 90% of the time its over-revving

makntracks

Reaction score
Members Ride
cheap vn
mate got it of a mate dont know wat stage it is or if it has been rebuilt. it is wierd how it behaves but i dont know wat to do. is there any ajusters or anything like that. do you know wat would be making a box behave like it is even if not shift kitted.
is there any way i can get it to slam in cheaply with out a rebuild or any thing.

CSL

Reaction score
Members Ride
missus (in more ways than one)
yeah adjust your kickdown cable, i have explained it about 10 times, do a search mate and all your problems will be solved