Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

quick vt master cylinder and brake booster question!

Trikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S2 SV6 Manual
Yes that maybe the easiest way to do it but you are still only left with a single diaphragm booster - the VT twin diaphragm booster is worlds apart compared to the VS booster

88-SERIES200

Reaction score
Members Ride
rb30det VL wagon project, VL series 200
does anyone know what has to be done to the rod from the booster to pedal if going into a vl? I want the brake pedal to sit in the original position. And i also want to know where stocks the line adapters you need for the vt master to use vl lines?? under the $50 mark would be good for the fittings.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Dont bash me for digging up a old thread but the dimension for redrilling the pushrod hole from vb to vs is exactly the same gmh didnt change the distance for almost 20 years

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
Again dont bash me for thread digging

Found another way of making a vt booster adapter bracket from the one on a vs plastic booster..always knew about it but never considered it as I had the older way using a pre vs bracket fully worked out but nowdays its getting harder and harder to find the old brackets so I sused out the vs bracket and found that there was a little less cutting and welding work but still precision to get it to fit.
You have to drill 4 x 5/16 holes 80mm across and 62mm down like before in the base to accept the studs of the vt booster but the holes are very close to the edge of the bracket so some filling out to get clearance for the nuts to clear is required ...you could just bolt it up and it would probably be ok but I reckon you need to weld a plate on the bottom for strength and to give it a professional look. I have seen on Ebay a complete setup and I this is how the bracket is done (- the plate) and he is quick to pat himself on the back but in his pictures of it he is careful not to show the bracket as its this easy.I have sold many setups on this site and on ebay from time to time and sell them at much less money but I dont hide anything and always give enough info that if you have enough confidience and think you can do it.... save yourself some money(lots) and do it yourself. You still have to weld up and redrill the pushrod hole in the booster you use but that isnt a major deal with some welding skills and patience.

Last edited:

Brocy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais
Early Commodore to VT brake master cylinder line adapters

...if your car is pre vp it will need line adapters screwed into the master cylinder before screwing in your old lines

Can anyone please tell me exactly which brake line adapters to ask for (or order from ebay provided delivery time is reasonable) to screw my VL Calais lines into the VT master cylinder?

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
Yes mate buy them from me ... Same day postage
Can do the master / boosters too if you need them

Brocy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais
Yes mate buy them from me

yeah, will do mate, squeezing the budget out slowly.
I know its against best practice but I have the lines straight in for now so I can test functionality of other parts (not normal driving!)
OH MY GOD! I was skeptical of people claiming night and day difference, but it really honestly is! Put the extra tiny bit of effort in, cut your bracket exactly as described above, put in the VT booster and it will work, and wow will it work! That being said you CAN leave the push-rod and bend and cut a few other things but I'd honestly say from experience it is more hassle that way and the pedal sits a LONG way up! I'll be pulling it out and drilling the second hole when I get the adapters from markover (and I'll be converting to manual but that's another story)
THANKS heaps for the thread guys, wouldn't/ couldn't have done it with out it.
P.S. the AU/EL falcon brake reservoir is a PERFECT fit (thanks to being the same brand, PBR) and makes another BIG difference, ie. vt sits on an angle like / AU sits like ---

rdtrippin

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Hey mate sorry to dig up a old thread. But do you still make sell these kits. Cheers

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
The VS booster with VT-VY master will provide you with a **** tonne more braking than stock. I've done this mod on a VN and VP, well worth the limited effort and cost. People carry on about the booster but it's the master that counts most and a VS booster drives it fine.