Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Quicksilver VY S Pack sedan A4

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Nice ride man.

How did you put in the 3rd brake light?

also, can you show me the grommets you're talking about? where from and what size?

Thanks alot bud.

Essassin

Bends spacetime
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Wagon, E36 318is Coupe
Thanks for the kind words mate.
The 3rd brake light was pretty easy. There is a plug for the wiring inside the top of the bootlid, I disconnected this when I took off the spoiler but obviously the female part of the plug remained inside the bootlid. Then all I had to do was cut the male part off the wiring inside the spoiler and wire it up to the end of the wire that came with the brake light. I did have to extend the wire that came with the light but I just used speaker wire for that. I drilled a small hole in the parcel shelf to run the wire through (run the wire before you wire up the plug...obviously) and just ran the wire through the boot to the female plug. Probably took about 10 minutes.
As for the gromets, I couldnt tell you what size or type they are...I just went to Clark Rubber and tried a whole lot of different ones til I found one that fitted. They are rubber of course and you will need 2 different sizes as one hole is bigger than the others.
Hope that helps

Edit...Just realised I forgot to mention the brake light came with adhesive to stick it to the rear windscreen, but I ended up gluing it on cos the adhesive was shithouse

dingdong555

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 2005 Executive
Awesome! Thanks heaps for the video man, do you mind PM'ing me where you got the exhaust from (or a link if it's from the net/ebay). Also, did you install it? Any tips?

Essassin

Bends spacetime
Reaction score
Members Ride
Can it shine through the tint easily?

I have factory tint and it shines through pretty well, can't imagine it being an issue unless you have really dark tint.

dingdong555: I got the exhaust at a local place, the muffler is a redback one with a 2.5" pipe and a twin tip. No rear muffler. They did all the installing I wouldn't know how to do it myself. I've seen redback on ebay before but I'm not sure if they are the same as mine

Essassin

Bends spacetime
Reaction score
Members Ride
Update, got some Phillips Diamond Vision (5000k) headlight globes and picked up a set of King Spring SL's for the rear, just to even out the ride height. I went to put them in the other day, but after a bit of poking around it looks like you need a tool to compress the stock springs to get them out, and to get the new ones in. I went to Autobarn and found the tool but it was $70 and I didnt really want to pay that much.
Can anyone help me with this??
Do I actually need this tool to get the springs out or is there another way? I dont have access to a ramp/lift, but my mate who is a mechanic said I should be able to change the springs over with the car just jacked up, which was how it was when I was poking around.
Any help would be appreciated

Essassin

Bends spacetime
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well after talking to a mechanic, driving the car home, 30 minutes or so, a lot of elbow grease and and a fair amount of swearing, I have discovered that the bolt holding the driver side rear shock in simply will not come out. I covered the thing in WD40 and tried a few different spanners and a shifter, nothing would budge it. Looks like I'll be getting these springs put in by someone else :(

BookMe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Goto a petrol station garage or a tyre place and ask them to quickly give it a go with the rattle gun. Would take <30 seconds of their time. The bolt does have loctite on it I'm pretty sure.

Essassin

Bends spacetime
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks for the tip, I managed to get them in over the weekend so all good. I'm happy with the way it sits now, when I get bigger wheels it'll probably need to be dropped a bit lower, but it looks pretty good for the moment and is still practical to drive.
Will get some pics up tonight.

Essassin

Bends spacetime
Reaction score
Members Ride
Finally got around to washing the nugget, heres some pics with the new springs.

20110408165802.jpg

20110408165840.jpg

20110408165957.jpg

20110408170012.jpg

20110408170232.jpg

Next up will most likely be wheels, but that will have to wait until I get my tax return. If I get any cash for my birthday next month I'll probably get the VZ SS tail lights