Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Quiery for VX manual owners

CMA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Sorry to be a pain in the arse but i got another quiery... When u start ur car, more so when the engines warm but been off say 10 minutes and u restart the car does it start and crank really aggressively??

WinterVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
Yes, and from time to time it doesnt start the 1st go but thats normally on a hot day and rarely happens....tho this time it was pretty apparent this time round
driving to South Aus recently. Drove for about 200-300km at a time till i pulled over for a break. Some times it would start perfect and others was rough.
Was almost thinking the Crank Angle Sensor is playing up..... but havent had it checked so dont know that for sure.

CMA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
What does it mean if the crank angle sensor if stuffed??

CMA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Ah ok cheers mate

The Sicilian

Ironically work for Ford
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore S V6 5M
ah the wonders of manual v6..........makes em feel even more unique

y-b-jls-4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore S
Sorry to be a pain in the arse but i got another quiery... When u start ur car, more so when the engines warm but been off say 10 minutes and u restart the car does it start and crank really aggressively??

Yes I have the exact problem as you described. Ahh it pisses me off so bad. Especially when you have mates in the car and it sounds like a tractor engine cranking over. If you figure it out please let me know ;)

y-b-jls-4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore S
Yes I have the exact problem as you described. Ahh it pisses me off so bad. Especially when you have mates in the car and it sounds like a tractor engine cranking over. If you figure it out please let me know ;)

Surely someone would have come accross such a problem and fixed it. I to have that problem on my car and it pisses the sh-- out of me and no matter how much I try to explain to people they just don't know where the sound is coming from and I have to live with diesel like start ups (when warm). Theres gota be some mechanics on this forum that know what the problem is.

veclubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Clubsport
lol yeh i get the clunking aswell....but not the rattle wen turning off....yeh basically it seems that if you hear a strange noise and u own a vx manual its all normal....lol