Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Quiery for VX manual owners

Stretchomatic

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
86 VL Berlina M5
hey with the clunk when u turn off the car is it when u leave it in gear or leave it in nuetral...i think i notice it when i leave it in gear (which is a fair bit) sometimes i thinks its cos as soon i turn the key off i get off the clutch and the engine is still turning a wee bit when the clutch plate hits it...my thought anyway...but yeah my car whines and clunks and all that crap...as long as it doesnt hurt it i dont care...

haha VX manuals are like those arrogant fat chicks u come across...whiney, clunky and dont want to move sometimes...but i love my car...not whiney fat chicks...

CMA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Mate mine rattles when u shut it down in neutral, depressing the clutch while shutting down stops the rattle. Im guessing it would do it gear aswell.

Im the same, if its not damaged or doing damaged then we're laughin'

VRSen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX s
mine makes the whine throught the gears when punching it hard even with exhaust done still noticeable. i reckon it sounds good.
P.s just had box rebuilt and still does it.
might sound way of track but i reckon its the synchro rings doing it as i get that noise in 1st 2nd and 3rd (noticebaly) and they were the only ones that needed replacing (done all though)????

When your close to the limit and change gears do you hear a different noise hard to explain sounds alright though.

bozza91

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU S2 Manual
my box whines in 1st 2nd & 3rd like a bitch, has the clunking sound that shits me too all the time

when changing from 1st to 2nd, is anyone elses really rough?

MR_VX

Forced to be Fast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pac SII Raptorcharged
Will getting headers &/or an exhaust cover up that sound or will you still be able to hear it clearly over headers or exhaust noise?

ive got the same thing, no it wont cover up the sound as i only noticed it when i got the pacemakers & 2.5 inch lukey cat back.