Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Quite a few problems i would like to address. Please look!!!!

pedrotski

Big Stato!!
Reaction score
Website
www.whitcroftit.com.au
Members Ride
95 & 96 VS 5L Statos
Hey Guys.

Car is a VS Statesman.

1. Knocking while the windows are down. This only happens on the rear doors. When the windows are up it is fine.

2. Squeaky noise while windows are up sometimes, Is there a type of lube i can use on the velvet that will stop it?

3. Air con is strong from center ducts, weak from all others. What is the cause? How can i fix it?

4. I want the inside of my statesman black. I dont like the greyish blue. What are the options i have to make it black?

5. Rain stains on the windows. How the hell do i remove them :S

6. Rain stains on the shifter (the part that says P,R,N,D,3,2,1)

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
hey mate, as far as i know the centre vents will always push harder than the side vents, its the same on my vs, and four of my mates commodores too

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
3 is because of how the air has to travel behind the dash and then through the doors (via rubber seal), possibly check for an air leak in the path the air takes or the rubber seals but it'll never be as strong as the middle

4 vinyl dye is probably your best bet for plastics and vinyl, not sure how well it would work on other materials, just a matter of pulling the dash apart and painting each piece

6 may be easier to get one from a wrecked Commodore, pretty sure they're the same... cut and polish may work but make sure you take the plate out first

pedrotski

Big Stato!!
Reaction score
Website
www.whitcroftit.com.au
Members Ride
95 & 96 VS 5L Statos
3 is because of how the air has to travel behind the dash and then through the doors (via rubber seal), possibly check for an air leak in the path the air takes or the rubber seals but it'll never be as strong as the middle

When i say weak btw. I mean it probolay cant blow out a match.

In the rear vent the air flow is weak. the same as the doors. i have checked for leakes up there but i have no idea. im thinking i may need to take the dash out and have a look.

Last edited: