Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

quote too good to be true?

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
hey ive been looking into exhausts and extractors for my VY exec V6, wanting to get high flow extractorts and sports exhaust.

calling around a few places and i got a quote for 790$ installed from ace exhaust in croydon, now all the other places have quoted around 1000$ and 1100$.

so my question is...why so much difference? am i still getting quality stuff? they are a well reputable place so i dont think they would give me ****, what is an average or low price for that set up?

cheers

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Your going to want to know what brand extractors and exhaust they are fitting before making a decision. Ring them all back and then ask for quotes on each brand.

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
what difference do the brands make? long term performance? sound? how bad can a bad brand be? (apart from sounding like a tin can) and what are some decent but not too expensive brands i should look out for?
i didnt think there was that much difference thats why i never asked brands.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Theres also different types of extractors, Tri Ys etc. Not sure if that effects the cost at all)

On the brand side of things, with my 5L i found advance were bloody useless and warped after about 2 months, so i threw them in the bin and got pacemaker (paceys were about $300 dearer).
Have a look at some my ride threads and see what people with V6s are using to get an idea of a decent brand (but i'm yet to hear anything bad about pacey, but you get what you pay for)