Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Just got quoted 150 each to paint my bumper corners on the VR ute in Alaskan White. This is with me stripping the paint and removing them. Does that price sound reasonable? I think it's not bad just not sure if I should shop around as it is a hassle trying to fit this into my lunch break.

mechanic

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Convert the price into an hourly labour rate, plus materials.
$120 x 2 hours labour (prep surface, mix and match colour, paint, polish, cleanup)
$50 materials (paint/liquids, sandpaper, consumables)

Sounds reasonable to me.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
$300 for two small items to be painted. If it’s only $50 of materials, that’s $250 for labour which seems crazy considering much of the prep is already done.

Considering what you’ve already painted on the Ute, why wouldn’t you just do it yourself for the cost of materials?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Considering what you’ve already painted on the Ute, why wouldn’t you just do it yourself for the cost of materials?
I may choose too. Materials for me is $180. Unless i can score some plastic putty and plastic primer for free. Which will knock off 50 bucks or so. There will be paint left over. I can paint it in acrylic a lot cheaper and put some clear over it if i have too.