Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Quotes on 19" wheels

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
i have been gettn prices on 19" mags
i went 2, 3 diff shops one quoted me 2600 with the cheapies tyres plus another 400 to lower the car as low as i wont it.

2nd said they only had 20" ones but didnt give me a price so i prices the monaro ones but in full chrome for $2650

3rd quoted me a little $2200 with cheap tyres also. which i thought was a big diff but id still like to try an haggle abit more lol

Any tips that i could do to make them fo say a few more off, does money really talk n Bull dust walks when it comes to this, as i have had a few in the past say no lower lol.

anyhow here is wot doesnt look like much but when he put them beside the car looked awsome i think.

same price from one shop also for these 2nd set which didnt look too bad but didnt have any deeper dish for them.

cheers guys/gurls

Last edited:

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Definitely the first set man... But wheel stores become hard to budge... Unless maybe they accept discounts for a car club or something.

Bob Janes etc. are easy to get cheaper cause they are so overpriced normally (unless on sale)... But places i.e. Tempe Tyres or Wheel Worx here in Adelaide wont budge much more than a hundred dollars or so and discounts on wheel alignment etc.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
can i take a crack and say that the first place you went to with the $2600 quoted was keith for wheels? it sounds like them anyway, especially with the $400 for lowering.
most of the time the differences in price when your looking at rims will purely come down to what rubber the shop is going to use with them, so when you get the quotes make sure they are all quoting you using the same tyres.
as for getting a lower price, its pretty hard these days, cash usually doesnt mean jack, 'cos its all by the book at most places now.
but if your getting a couple of things done, like say you get the rims, rubber and lower it all at once you could ask for a package deal....i know i got a couple of hundred knocked off when i did that.

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
ha yeh ur spot on lol. my mate got a set of 18"s there and he told me he got his from 2200 i think it was to 1800 coz he said or thay said if u put the sticker on the car u can have em for that price. thats why i thought yeh ill try lol. nup

looks like once i find a buyer for my 17"s ill be gettn the ones for 2200 as i can get them on 4 years intrest free with our CC lol

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
ha yeh ur spot on lol. my mate got a set of 18"s there and he told me he got his from 2200 i think it was to 1800 coz he said or thay said if u put the sticker on the car u can have em for that price. thats why i thought yeh ill try lol. nup

looks like once i find a buyer for my 17"s ill be gettn the ones for 2200 as i can get them on 4 years intrest free with our CC lol

lol, i thought it sounded like keith's...i got my rims from there. i got some 18's with the second cheapest rubber and had it lowered for $2300 all up, would have been $2600 normally.

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
Just remember about 19's, buying the rims isn't that much more expensive.. It's ok..

Once you get to replacing rubber, that's when the costs come in.. $1200 for a decent set of rubber and if you have tyre wear problems, it'll need to be frequently..

Go 18's I reckon..

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
funny u say that about tyre ware probs when i got the car a RWC the guy said ah u have a camber kit? i dunno wot it is an he said c these to screw lookin things u turn them an it will straightn ur wheels up? i dunno lol ill take a pic coz too me thay stick out alot.

Edit heres a ferw pic's i dunno if its even a camber or wot ever its called i was told tho these to bolds make them straight was i told rite or wrong?\

cheers

Last edited:

Jamie_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 BA XR6
looks like u allready got a camber kit,my bushes i got with camber kit look the same. Should check with tyre place when u get the rims on anyways.
I find tyreplaces like tempe tyres etc to be way cheaper than bob jane etc... i bought my original monaro/cv8z 18in rims off an independant tyre place for $1200 with brand new tyres. They came off a 3 week old VZ Monaro who came in and changed them for 20's. Everywhere else wanted about 1600-1800 for 18's+ tyres. Tempe tyres give good deals on rubber too. I can get new kumho tyres from tempe tyres in 235/40R18's for 150 each, everywhere else will onli give me nankangs and the similar for that price, kumho's usually round the 200 mark for 18's.

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
oh kool thats good to now jamie_87

cheers

jamie