Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

R/H elec window problems

arj127

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SS
Some time ago after putting the right rear window fully down and driving around for a few hours with the radio on i came to a stop (with radio off) and heard a strange clicking sound. I soon discovered the window switch had stuck down and was still operating the window. From then on my window will go down 1/3rd maybe and need some assistance to get it started to go the rest of the way down, and the same on the way back up.

Anyone had a similar experience?

I'm sure i disconnected the motor from the regulator a few years ago and the window ran smoothly in the tracks. Am i looking at a motor problem

Am hoping to find some time and see if i can swap the motor from the left door in if its the same and test it.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Pull the door trim off and operate the window and have a look at the mechanism ,you might have stripped the gear or a tooth .Also i dont think the left and right hand motors are interchangable but i could be wrong .

arj127

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SS
true, a stripped gear sounds very possible

oska

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx custom 600RR
i have a similar problem with the rear

i get 2 clicks on the way down and it slows in the same spots going up i've tried lube on everything nothing helps

should i just replace it

arj127

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SS
Bought a second hand door today and whipped the motor unit etc out and stuck in my problem door.
All wen't fine and i now have a window operating in perfect order again. Yay