Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

R31 Skyline .. Track/Weekend/Mountain/Drift Car.

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
Hey all,
I have my nice VY Berlina for a daily, so i saved up and bought this R31 Series III Sedan.
At present i have found it has:

Lowered Lovells Springs (Front)
Polyurethane Bushes (All Front)
Lowered Kings Springs (Rear)
Rear disc brakes?? Should have drum i think, as its only a GX model, so i'm thinking maybe its had a new diff or LSD put in?
5 Speed
220 000k's
New steering rack

Seems in pretty good condition really, it needs a new windscreen for rego and if i want the power steering to be top notch again it'll need a new pump. I am keen for some 17x8(F) and 17x9(R) wheels, 5 spoke with a 225 or 235 front and a 245 or 255 rear. Thinking Federal 595-EVO style tyre.

Plan is to have the car as a weekend car that i can take to the track and the mountains and have some fun in. I have started gathering parts for a turbo setup, starting with an R33 RB25 T3 turbo with stock 7psi wastegate.

Please comment away! More than happy for suggestions. And lots more pics and info will come tomorrow. Cheers!

Attachments

• 2010-11-04 14.36.35.jpg
    2010-11-04 14.36.35.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 95,382

vk.jonno

:):):)
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk commodore, hq one tonner, hj ute,
im jealous.
i want one

vk.jonno

Reaction score
Members Ride

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride

vk.jonno

Reaction score
Members Ride
#### lucky as bro
manual?

gonna let me do some burnouts in it ;)

vk.jonno

Reaction score
Members Ride
get the enkei rims. my friend has em in silver on a r31
they look gooood

MagiTEK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII S
The best part bout the r31 besides being cheap is the fact that is shares so many parts with the silvias and later skylines. And naturally s13 and r32 parts are so easy to come across and dead cheap, it aint funny.

So good luck to you sir. Once i get my vy daily humming nicely ill turn my attention to project car. Thinking a strawberry silvia s13 at this stage. Love the s15 front.

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Looks good mate. A mate of mine has a R31 Silhouette with a 25 in it, all engineered to. It goes bloody hard as well, such a light car and 210rwkw can't go wrong. Good luck with your project.

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk.jonno:
Probably won't be able to afford the real enkei's, but i'll go for that sort of 'style' i'm hoping to get wheels second hand with some form of usable tyres for ~$800 which according to eBay shouldn't be too hard, i think it will be the biggest handling upgrade on the car haha at present it has el cheapo 195/70R14 on some 14x.5" stock wheels :/

MagiTEK:
Cheers mate! Yeah i'm tossing up at the moment whether to go down the route of a 5 stud conversion with maybe an S14 front coil over setup or not. Also found that R32 GTS-T calipers will fit this setup haha very tempting.

NickVR:
I'm planning for around ~180 - 200rwkw all up, because i don't want to rebuild the engine haha. So stock 7psi and a few other upgrades should see me past 140-160rwkw, once i see what sort of condition my diff is in. And with a bit of stuff taken out it should be around 1100 kg with 1300kg being stock, so i think that is a good recipe for fun!