Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

R8 springs on an SV6?

Shiny Alex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Will they much much difference? Height wise and a bit stiffer or am I better off going for Kings/Pedders?

mbroomy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Went and talked to a Holden dealership about that exact thing,
You are going to be looking at improved handling, stiffness, response but as TinSnips said its a very sublte drop
Sorry to take over the thread, when I went to Pedders they said they receive complaints all the time about King springs
Apparently after a year or 2 you can experience a sag in the springs and they arent as responsive/dont work at all
Reckon its putting down the competition or is there some truth to it?

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
You are going to be looking at improved handling, stiffness, response but as TinSnips said its a very sublte drop
Sorry to take over the thread, when I went to Pedders they said they receive complaints all the time about King springs
Apparently after a year or 2 you can experience a sag in the springs and they arent as responsive/dont work at all

After a year or two your shocks are exactly new anymore. I didnt change the fluid in my forks on my dirt bike for a few years, when I did HUGE improvement.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute

Given how many motorsport teams around the world use kings, I'd say it's sledging mate.

glenn l

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6
gee, pedders saying somthing bad about there competers.
they use to sag when they used a different material, but since they changed i have never had a problem with them, ive pulled out some many ve pedders coils because of coil binding and bottoming out in the front end.
stick with kings.

oztech007

Reaction score
Members Ride
15 VE SSV 6.0t V8 A6 SEDAN
Will they much much difference? Height wise and a bit stiffer or am I better off going for Kings/Pedders?

Umm you may find that there is no height difference at all in the front if you put a V8 Set of springs in a V6. Being that the V8 is heavier in the front than the V6.
They do design different springs for the V6 and V8's because of the weight differences.
I had this issue when a friend gave me a set of V8 springs and put them in my V6. It actually sat higher than my standard springs.

Pickled

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car

Of course Pedders will say that about their biggest competitor hahaha.

I've had king springs in most of the 12 Holdens I've owned and never had a problem with them.

Last edited: