Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

R8 ve tail lights leaking?

clubby500

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve clubsport
I noticed today looking at my clubby that after some heavy rain 2 days ago my left side tail light has a floggy patch at the front of my tail light. Has anyone else had this happen?
Im guessing it would be the seal but for a 4 year old car that is pretty weak.
Any suggestions on how to prevent it from happening again? I dont really want to use urethene or anything simular so i dont have any drams removing it to change a globe plus having to gupe something up on a 4 year old car just doesnt seem right.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
This was actually an known issue and Holden replaced the faulty tail lights with new ones under warranty. Had both my tail lights replaced when I had my VE R8 Clubby. Given that the units are known to be faulty from manufacture you may get lucky with a warranty job if you word it right. Just because you didn't KNOW you had the issue until after the warranty period doesn't mean it wasn't there.

clubby500

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve clubsport
If they dont cover me with warrenty can i get away with just changing the seal or is it a design fault?

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
I thought it was a design fault - not 100% sure though. They replaced mine and that solved the problem.