Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[Alloytec] Ra rodeo Alloytec

Deo Deo

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 Rodeo
G'day all, I need a new engine for my 07 Ra Rodeo. What commodore engines are compatible with the Ra ecu, and wiring?
I have the old motor for swapping over components needed.
Thanks

kev21

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden rodeo 3.6
Have you done the job yet? I did it about 18months back. Managed to fool the stock ECU and Ute is running really well. I'm thinking of redoing the job with a few changes. Currently vvt is disconnected, only uses one cam sensor on the rodeo. But if I run the ve electronics, it would mean a jump from the 150kw to 190kw. My problem is how to integrate all the electronics from two different vehicles. Aftermarket ecu would be the easiest but from what I'm finding available,I just can't afford to spend 3k on that!

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Have you done the job yet? I did it about 18months back. Managed to fool the stock ECU and Ute is running really well. I'm thinking of redoing the job with a few changes. Currently vvt is disconnected, only uses one cam sensor on the rodeo. But if I run the ve electronics, it would mean a jump from the 150kw to 190kw. My problem is how to integrate all the electronics from two different vehicles. Aftermarket ecu would be the easiest but from what I'm finding available,I just can't afford to spend 3k on that!
If you run your cursor over his name you will see he was only on the forum for a week. Possibly because he did not get a reply he went elsewhere.

LesN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2 Wagon
Hi there... What VE engine did you use for the conversion?

Vek21

Reaction score
Members Ride
Rodeo alloytec 3.6
Hi there... What VE engine did you use for the conversion?
Ly7, but Leo would have been fine too, because I had the vvt disconnected, ran about 10000km before I decided to try hook up the vvt.
I now have the vvt working, flashed the original rodeo 3.6 ECU with the vz software. Two biggest headaches have been Speedo and fuel gauge.