Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Racing Pedals Help...

RedGoesFaster97VS

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 VS Executive S II
I have a big prob on my hands...well my feet actually, I bought some of those cheap nasty racing pedals from SuperCheap for like $30, and have tried to install them, they are so dodgy they come with cable ties lol, Long story short.....

now i have a metal stick as an accelerator pedal and i have no idea how to put this thing on, I realise now that i should have kept the spring off of the original, has anyone bought these?? it has a metal plate that screws onto the back of the pedal but i have no way of securing it to the metal accelerator stick except for welding it on there...:bang: i hope this had made sense...can anyone help???

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
Im pretty sure with those ones you are supposed to keep the original pedal on and this pedal just clamps over it

fabz

I Can Do Science Me
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown V6 VT commodore 5 speed
Im pretty sure with those ones you are supposed to keep the original pedal on and this pedal just clamps over it

LMAO Bingo BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA :p

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer

lol... man that sucks. Just get yourself some SS pedals of ebay. I picked up an auto set for $50.

RedGoesFaster97VS

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 VS Executive S II
yeah they didnt come with any instructions and in my impatience, i was like oh this has to go....oh f*** very stupid i know, ill look into the SS pedals...

speed__demond

slammed and cammed
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
vs statesman 5L
my pedal is hanging half off i think theres a pin in the end thats fallen off but i dont know can anyone help i have no idea how the pedal is connected

StevenzZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S Tiga Mica

yeah my mate has them in his car, there held on by "cable tie" looking things, very dodgy just buy the proper SS pedals.

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
The bolt ones are the worst. I had a set in my first car which was a ford laser (ricey i know) and the bolt would get stuck to the carpet on the accelerator. Was quite shite

whitey152

cruzen
Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 vs berlina
i had them im my old car if there the saas ones

the brake pedal you moneover it on then tighten with alan keys.

and the accelerator the backplate screws into the new pedal cover and the cableties go in between the backing plate then you cabletie it onto the pedal

hope this helps

mmmmmm cable ties

RedGoesFaster97VS

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 VS Executive S II
hahaha yeah cable ties are so good, the fix everything lol, never ever buy those crap clip on pedals from supercheap, but im sure everyone already knew that lol except me..im going to wait until i got cash to buy proper pedal replacments...