Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

radar detector

blaze

ridin dirty
Reaction score
Members Ride
SILVER BULLET
yes i have searched but didnt find what i wanted to know...
Does any1 know if overseas radar detectors work here on our australian roards? and do the cheap 1s work or am i betta of gettin a descent 1?

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
in all honesty it'd be best not to speed :p only takes one cop with his radar off to notice you fly past and thats it.

look up beltronics, also apparently the cops where plotting to bring in the uk spec radars but as it stands each country uses one band or another, ask at a local audiocom.

also note they're looking to ban them so i dont know what the go is there.

killarava2day

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL BT1...VL Group A SS
All overseas detectors work fine here in Aus.

Newer one's can be selected to turn off certain frequencies. For example you can shut off X band so you don't have to deal with it going off everytime you go past automatic doors and the like.

If you're on the East coast then all detectors are detectable by Stalcar radar detector detectors and there are dedicated cops who solely drive around to pick up detector users.

VG2 immunity does not stop you from being detected by the Stalcar!

Fletch_QLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
True dat - you'll get picked up by a detector detector, and that can cost big $$ My brother had his confiscated and a $1000 fine in NSW, and that was 10years ago. Also, they are near useless on LIDAR (the long range of LIDAR and the fact there is virtually no scatter) So by the time you detect LIDAR the cop already has your speed. Also, with fixed cameras, the signal is quite weak, so again, you'll have been pinged before you detect it. They are illegal in all states except WA iirc.

blaze

ridin dirty
Reaction score
Members Ride
SILVER BULLET
yer i live in west aust an got flashed for the second time last night. i was only over the limit by 10kph. should slow down but not use to livin in near tha city yet

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
whistler radar the best on the market have been for 30 years
other brands bell probably the only to i'd look at
look for creative electronics

Last edited:

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Just don't speed is the CHEAPEST and best option available on the market.

The whole Speeding Kills campaign with the TAC is true with what they say. I know this for a fact from watching comparisons on a Defence Driving Course. Plus less speeding = less fuel consumption.. everyones a winner :D

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
tr3nt said:
Just don't speed is the CHEAPEST and best option available on the market.

The whole Speeding Kills campaign with the TAC is true with what they say. I know this for a fact from watching comparisons on a Defence Driving Course. Plus less speeding = less fuel consumption.. everyones a winner :D
what u say is very true
however revenue raising is just revenue raising
if only state gov's see it that way:whistling