Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

radar detector

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Yeah, it is revenue raising.. however.. they won't raise so much revenue if people stuck to the limit.

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
all radar detctors are easily detectible because the cops just hit you with a short burst of radar and then they take you speed. so therefore if you brake in between the bursts you willl be searched for a detector. simple and effective.

Macca177

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman V8
My old man bouht one over seas, used it in his vs.... anyways it was suposed to be undetctable as they all say.... coming back to syd from melb coppers drove past lights on, u -turn, chase pull over. guns out up to the car. old lady was alseep in the back i was driving, dad half asleep. Once the coppers settled, they told us bout them.... the main use for ppl having them is so they can chuck drugs etc or woteva they are traffcing out of the car or hide them b4 being pulled over. and of course speeding.

anways after a big fine we were off. this bout 4yrs ago. but the cops couldhave booked me for driving with a speed evasion device, old man for supplying one(as its illegal to supply), and dad again for owning one.

expesive lessons, i know today the fines are bigger and im sure its points off as well.

not worth it in my opinion.:w00t:

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
what he said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
and i'll third those comments. ^^^^^^^

VY2ENJOY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Family Truckster
Troy711 said:
rader detectors just encourage stupidity. if you feel you need to have one you shouldnt be on the road

Wow thats a big call, no one needs high HP engines or 19inch rims but people sill have them, and mates proberbly encourage more stupitity that most things so should we not drive with them either, I have been overtaken when doing the speed limit by more cars without radar detectors that with them.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
ok, hows this... why dont you tell me why radar detectors are useful and what advantages a car fitted with one has over a car that doesnt have one. but here is the catch... it has to be legal :thumbsup:

VY2ENJOY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Family Truckster
Hows what? what have the usefullness and advantages got to do with encouraging stupidity or needing/not needing one, nothing? which argument or statement are you putting forward?. Radar detectors are legal in WA so concidering that the person who asked the question lives in WA they do come in useful.

Last I knew 19" rims and tyres on a ute was illegal due to the insufficent load rating on the tyres, if I am wrong I stand corrected if they are illegal then either people in glass housed shouldnt throw stones, but prove me wrong and an appology is all yours.

All the guy asked was advice on radar detectors, which last post I forgot to mention was I have had overseas radar detectors and they work fine, would the same comments have been said if he was asking about a 19/20 inch set of rims? I doubt it.

Last edited by a moderator: