Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Radiator connections on vs series 2

brianthedigger

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Series 2
Hey,just wondering i am in the middle of replacing my radiator in a vs series 2 and i got another one from the wreckers but it looks as though they gave me a series 1 with the clip on transmission hoses.Is it possible to replace the screw on fittings from my old radiator onto the series 1 because i have tried to unscrew them but looks like there attached inside the actual tank or can you get attachments adapters from repco etc.thanks

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
They don't screw off unfortunately....and connectors to adapt it will cost quite a few dollars if you can locate them. You may well be able to bodgy up something but there is always the chance of the hose slipping off and then you have no transmission. I'd take it back and get the series 2 radiator...it will save a lot of hassles.
Good Luck.

brianthedigger

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Series 2
Yeah,ive came to that conclusion too.I will just take it back and get a series 2 one.Very stupid of me not to realise when i got it.Even more stupid of me not to realise it before I took the old one out.But at least I will be good at taking out and puting a vs radiator back in when Im done (ha ha)thanks

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
it must only be aftermarket ones that unscrew then? I have a SSS radiator, it came with both fittings and they simply screw on, pitty about the stuff around mate, good luck with it.