Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Radiator hose

vxbris

Reaction score
Hey guys, just noticed this on my LS3. Firstly I noticed that the radiator hose was sucked in, car completely cold.
Then saw this end of the hose, assume that isn’t connected correctly hey?
Would the fact the hose is sucking in be somehow pulling this hose off its correct position?
thanks.

Attachments

• 5DDB792E-D535-4855-ACA5-8C58A5A6EE9A.jpeg
    5DDB792E-D535-4855-ACA5-8C58A5A6EE9A.jpeg
    195 KB · Views: 146

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Does it have a flair sitting behind the hose clamp? I would say someone hasn’t put it on correctly in the first place. There’s no way it could work loose if it was installed correctly.

Im pretty sure the hose should be driven up to the first “notch“ you can see in the picture and then the clamp installed just in front of the flair at the end of the pipe, that way it cant work it’s way back as the clamp is up against the end flair on the pipe.

As for the pipe being collapsed I would suspect this is a different issue altogether. Seem that maybe the radiator cap needs to be replaced as it’s not letting coolant back in from the overflow bottle to equalise the pressure.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Radiator cap issue most likely.
The hose should go up to that ridge but very unlikely it was caused by the other issue. If it has not leaked all this time, leave it.
Get a new genuine radiator cap and see what happens

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
replacing the radiator cap fixed mine when the hose would get sucked flat when cold, 30 bucks for the cap from a holden dealer.

vxbris

Reaction score
Cheers guys, just ordered genuine radiator cap and I’ll see how that goes. So just leave that pulled back section of hose, or you reckon unclip and slide it back up?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I’d just move the hose back on, reuse that clamp, they are far superior to worm drive clamps.
The hose really shouldn’t be coming off like that though without someone having helped it. Well, that’s my take. It’s not going to do that easily.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Cheers guys, just ordered genuine radiator cap and I’ll see how that goes. So just leave that pulled back section of hose, or you reckon unclip and slide it back up?

leave the hose alone as it is in the correct position

look here and you will see it does not go up past that ring and has plenty of room for the clamp where it is.

s-l1600.jpg

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
leave the hose alone as it is in the correct position

look here and you will see it does not go up past that ring and has plenty of room for the clamp where it is.

s-l1600.jpg

That's it