Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Radiator overflow tank

maccasparks

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Wagon
Just doing a coolant flush - went to fill overflow tank to top of neck and it leaks out and holds about half looking down with a light. Is there a hole to prevent overfilling or do I have a leak? Also is there an easy way to remove it - looks like bumper may have to come off.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Just doing a coolant flush - went to fill overflow tank to top of neck and it leaks out and holds about half looking down with a light. Is there a hole to prevent overfilling or do I have a leak? Also is there an easy way to remove it - looks like bumper may have to come off.

The overflow isnt meant to be full right to the top. There is an indicator on the yellow stick. And yes, it has a hole to prevent overfilling.

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
You don't have to remove the bumper, just a couple of screws or bolts. There is an over flow hole and like said above only fill it to within the 2 triangles on the dipstick.

maccasparks

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Wagon
yeah cheers for the help- I was only filling it right up while I was bleeding the air out of the block.Didn't want it to run out.