Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

radiator tank warning light and airbaglight on

gazzabrizz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HSV
i threw a drive belt and got towed on back of truck to home and replaced with new drive belt and now i have constantly air bag warning light on and also the radiator tank warning light on .
yes i do have enough water . have disconnected battery and restarted with no change . this car is becoming a nightmare last 3mths . any suggestions . is it job for tech 2 diagonsis .

fitz_vt

Pass Me A Wrench.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore SII Olympic Edition
i would try changing the coolant first and see if the coolant light goes away if not its your coolant sensor thats throwing a spanner in the works i would have that changed or change it yourself, for the air bag light i would take it into a dealership for them to reset the airbag sensors and you possibly may need a new airbag, because they will need to test your current airbag.

235rwkw

Reaction score
check for damaged wiring from when the belt came off. coolant tank has a wiring underneath for low level. it could track forward before it goes back

if the airbag wiring was also damaged that warning will need a reset by a tech 2
afterwards

gazzabrizz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HSV
where would the coolant sensor be located also airbag wiring what should i look for . thanks for your help.

235rwkw

Reaction score
Not sure just an idea if started after the belt.

the coolant sensor wiring is under the coolant tank, follow that back and see if it comes forward and far enough to have been damaged by the belt.

hsv it still runs a maf? i think not sure the wiring comes back up near to that wiring.

air bag sensor wiring goes to the front also but can't recall where. just check any wires that could have been hit. or plugs that have come out.

gazzabrizz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HSV
yeah had afiddle with different wiring . dont know what i did but coolant radiator warning light has gone out now. but air bag light is still on and staying on. any ideas where a sensor for that is .?>?????

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
yeah had afiddle with different wiring . dont know what i did but coolant radiator warning light has gone out now. but air bag light is still on and staying on. any ideas where a sensor for that is .?>?????
Once the airbag light has come on there is no getting rid of it without a Tech2. See Holden.