Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Radio Antenna Repair

Tims

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Ute
Hi. I have a genuine GMH 92149032 electric radio antenna out of a VX sedan. (sticker still on it) Broken mast so I ordered a Aeopro AP250 repair kit to fix it. Problem is, that mast will not fit as the plastic bush and metal sleeve are too big. I measured my sleeve at about 9.75mm but the AP250 has a 11mm sleeve. Anyone else had the same problem?? Any other options other than replacing the whole unit? Thanks

Tims

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Ute
Yep, seen them advertised but I purchased the Aerpro mast kit as it seemed the cheaper option since the rest of the antenna unit was working fine. The AP250 is advertised to fit VN to VX but not mine it seems. If I had know what I know now I wouldn't have wasted my time or money on Aerpro. Just wondering if others have had similar problems.

Tims

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Ute
P1010828.JPG Anyway, maybe to save someone the hassle of finding out an AP250 doesn't fit, if you have either of these two antenna units, and there must be heaps out there, don't buy one unless you want to have a go at modifying it to fit. Aerpro do say that the AP250 will not fit Eurovox GMH 92047972 but they fail to mention it doesn't fit the GMH 92149032 antenna either.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I came across the same Issue once it was because of a piece of Mask was still lodged in it, once removed it fitted.

Tims

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Ute
There was nothing left in mine. I pulled what was left of the mast out of the housing which included the sleeve that holds the mast in when the top nut is screwed down. The hole measured about 9.8mm and the new mast sleeve 11mm.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
PM @vs-lover he rebuilds the factory units for people. He may be able to offer advice or repair yours for a reasonable price.