Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Radio/Centre Console- sometimes not turning off

P9WER

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SV6
Hi guys, I have a VE commodore (07) and having some issue with my centre console/radio playing up and sometimes leaves me with a dead battery. People have told me it’s a common problem with VE’s and mostly a door actuator problem, which led me to fit a genuine door lock actuator from Holden but sadly did not fix the problem.
Problem: Centre console would still be on even when i open the driver’s door with the key out, the radio cut’s off but the light (where the date and time? Is shown on centre console) stays on. Some have told me that it stays on for 5 minutes so i waited for about 20 minutes with the car locked but it did not turn off.
I been having this issue for months now the only way i do to turn it off is by taking the key out, opening the driver’s door and trigger the starter motor and quickly turn it off.

Please help..

VTS5

TechJunkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA 3.6L Dual Fuel
Is your interior light on or off?Make sure it is on (i mean when doors open it should come on)

Glenn D.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv 6 z-series
Yeah i had a problem with my radio stayn on and if shut and opend the door over and over it would eventualy go off so in the end it was an accuator but my guess with you is you need a software update or somthn cause if the radio turns off ev thing else shiuld turn off as youd know,or ur headset is rooted,if you get it fixed can u post what it was as its the 1st iv heard of but im no expert by anymeans

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Early VE's had issues with modules staying awake and draining the battery. Software update corrects this.