Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Radio code question

anomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Berlina International Sportswagon3.0
Just purchased a 2011 VE wagon after pensioning off my VS .Will I have to enter the radio code after I install a new battery like I had to with the VS or does the later model computer retain the original settings? The handbook does not discuss this anywhere and I cannot find the code in the original purchase papers.

Thanks

HarryHoudini

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 VN Wagon..2012 VE Sportwagon.
I had some Battery dramas on a 2012 S11 and the new Battery was in and out a couple of times and i didn't have to enter a Radio code,some settings have to be redone thou..

anomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
I had some Battery dramas on a 2012 S11 and the new Battery was in and out a couple of times and i didn't have to enter a Radio code,some settings have to be redone thou..
What settings did you have to make again after installing the battery?

HarryHoudini

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 VN Wagon..2012 VE Sportwagon.
IIRC it was the Stations in memory and screen brightness,it must go back default settings when the power is disrupted.
TBO settings were the least of my worries with the new Battery,the car did not like it for some reason.
Someone on here that's been dealing with them for 10 years will probably be of more help.

rjp

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice with LS3
There's no radio code in the VE. The only thing you will need to do is reset the time, everything else is kept.

anomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks for the replies fellas!!