Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Radio fuse

ab56452001

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn vacationer auto v6 sedan
Hi after findind the sorce of my aircon probs,which were not under the dash as we found out latter after ripping it out, i went for a drive , then silence no audio, no power to radio !, well i look at fuses ,all o'k', swap em anyhow,still no power !, now im lost cos one fused shared is with door locks and they are fine and the singular 7.5 fuse was o'k' but still changed. Is there an inline fuse somewhere ?, its an aftermarket Kenwood system put in by previous owner, cheers.

ab56452001

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks for reply, mate who helped take it out gonna gimme a hand in the morn to take facia of again ,we mighta loosened some conection by accident,cheers.

Carl Blance

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VX 2001
its a mini 10 amp fuse, if you didnt take the ground off the battery it might've blew. I think their is a fuse under the steering wheel as well but I'm not 100% sure if its used now with an AM HU I'll confirm in a few hours.

ab56452001

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi found out the prob , was not a fuse but the head unit fitting only loosely on the body,quick fix ! .

ab56452001

Reaction score
Members Ride
By the way anybody know how many watts the standard Vr Statesman read parcel shelf speakers ?, cheers.