Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Radio LCD Display All Dials except Speedo not showing (ANSWERED)

Zimmerman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2010 dual fuel
Hi I am a new VE owner, I just bought a VE omega dual fuel 2010 and after a restart the other day I got a check engine warning and the radio LCD wasn't working (buttons still work on radio and even touch screen) also all dials weren't working except the speedo and central LCD display for odometer (lights are off and dials are static on 0). Warning lights still work such as seatbelt warning etc.

TRIED SO FAR:

- reset ECU via removal of the negative from battery for 30mins, then again via the the removal of the front and back fuses procedure. (this removed the check engine warning but nothing else)
- checked all fuses with multimeter (all fine)
- started the car in engineering mode and looked at all readouts which all give seemingly correct readings for taco, temp etc
- performed the test all feature in engineering mode which lights all dials correctly and all needles moved to the set point
-while the car was started I have pressed both + and - display brightness to see if I had accidentally activated stealth mode which admittedly seems to do exactly the things I am having trouble with and that seems to have no effect.

does anyone have any more ideas outside reading the error codes? Perhaps some reset I have done by accident or something that needs to be done to make things turn back on?

Zimmerman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2010 dual fuel
Ok guys I know I only just posted this request but I just stumbled on the answer 5 minutes ago while pressing random buttons, it seems my car is equipped with a surveillance mode button like that which the police use and I had hear others suggest this but not thought anything of it because I had bought an ex-taxi not police car but it seems either they bought the same revision as the police or buy them from the police second hand.

So the button does the exact same thing as pressing the + and - brightness buttons on the right only those buttons do nothing in my revision. The button is now located in the middle of the roof near the interior lighting buttons or near the glasses holder, it is in my case a long unamed button that almost doesn't even look like a button because of the size and blandness and it requires a single press to turn it on and off. Everything works now thanks.