Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Radio PIN?

gyp23

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT Executive
Hi folks

Plenty of questions coming your way now I've just taken ownership of the 98 VT Exec... The man who sold it to me said the battery was disconnected for about 4 weeks (due to car not being in use, and all that comes with Deceased Estate) and so the Radio PIN is required.

Of course, no key card has been found so I need to find out what the Radio PIN is. Any ideas on who I need to contact for this? Costs?

Cheers,
Georgia

batemada

Reaction score
Wellington, New Zealand (Yes i know yet another KI
Members Ride
2009 Gold Calais V Sportwagon
Get in contact with your local Holden dealership they should be able to find out the code for you.

Most dealers will do it for free but there are one or two that will charge a small amout to find out the code for you.

cuckoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6 twin Turbo
gyp23 said:
Hi folks

Plenty of questions coming your way now I've just taken ownership of the 98 VT Exec... The man who sold it to me said the battery was disconnected for about 4 weeks (due to car not being in use, and all that comes with Deceased Estate) and so the Radio PIN is required.

Of course, no key card has been found so I need to find out what the Radio PIN is. Any ideas on who I need to contact for this? Costs?

Cheers,
Georgia
Holden with proof of ownership, as is normal with Holden there is a fee involved.

Mate this will happen everytime you disconnect the battery and it doesn't matter how long you disconnect it for.

It has been roumored that the pin is in the hidden trip computer in 1 of the modes there is a pn in the window with 4 digits after it,not sure about that but give it a try.
Cuckoo

gyp23

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT Executive
No luck finding any hidden pins unfortunately - I sat infront of the one-window trip computer and flicked through all the modes but couldn't see anything obvious. Will call Holden on Tuesday and see how we go, unless anyone else has any fun hints?

BOGANV8

I gotta V8 whoot whoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 02 SS LS1
gyp23 said:
No luck finding any hidden pins unfortunately - I sat infront of the one-window trip computer and flicked through all the modes but couldn't see anything obvious. Will call Holden on Tuesday and see how we go, unless anyone else has any fun hints?

Nah you wont find the radio pin in the hidden trip computer anywhere

Your only choice is to go to holden and ask them bout it they should be able to get it with TECH 2 or just quote them your Vin No:

Some charge and some dont :p :p :p

MBS206

Reaction score
Or open up the radio book, and it's written in there in a big page, that you can tear out, most people DON'T tear it out thoguh.

gyp23

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT Executive
No 'radio book'. Car received from deceased estate. Thanks anyway!

TigerVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Commodore
Looks like a trip to holden then.

mopoke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim Wagon
Hello Georgia,
I have found the Blue Mountains Motor Group - Service- at Springwood to be fairly decent. Cost me $20 to get them to hook up to Tech 2 etc. to diagnose a random fault. Mike is the service manager there ( good bloke), Chris & Romaine behind the counter are also very helpful. I have also had a couple of freebies which was really decent of them.

Marks-VY

I love cars
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Berlina
There is one excellent change for the VY - I have disconnected the battery plenty of times and have even had the stereo out twice over a full day to convert to blue LED's, but I have never had to punch in the pin number.