Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Radio reset,buttons show incorrect numer

StephenM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Equippe Series II
After drying out the key, because I had it in my pants pocket when I went for a soak in our local hot spring, and restarting the car, the radio will not take the security code input. when I press "2", "4" shows on the display, and "3" comes up as "6". any one else had this issue? The key worked OK after I pulled it apart and dried it overnight and disconnected the battery to reset the CM, or whatever gets reset. Thanks.

hiker

Reaction score
Members Ride
statesman vs series 3
Hi Stephen, don't be put off by this "display" just persevere and enter the code I'm almost certain that the radio will fire up.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
The key fob shouldn't effect the radio, only removing the car battery would reset the radio AFAIK.

StephenM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Equippe Series II
Yes, Immortaily, I wouldn't have thought it would have any affect. had no issues the last few times that battery has been disconnected. Maybe it is telling me that all my old tapes won't work anyway and to catch up with the digital age and get a new radio. Some form of in-built obselescence?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I'd remove the battery again to reset the radio and then try again.

Have you ever had to enter the radio code before? It's been many moons since I did a VS radio but I do seem to recall it was a bit odd to do.

StephenM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Equippe Series II
I'd remove the battery again to reset the radio and then try again.

Have you ever had to enter the radio code before? It's been many moons since I did a VS radio but I do seem to recall it was a bit odd to do.
Yes, I have done it when I put the new battery in and when I did the tensioner. I just had another go and it is still doing the wierd number thing. I think I will leave it for a while and try again after driving it for while.

StephenM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Equippe Series II
Still doing the incorrect display thing, except when I tried the number swapping, it reverted to a random selection. Sent an email to Go_Tech, who now do Eurovox, so will see if they have any record of the issue.

StephenM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Equippe Series II
Dear ADmin. Do you have a "What a Bloody Idiot" file? If so, please feel free to add this post. The number shown on the display when the code is entered is the sequence of the number in the code. So no matter what you in put the display will show: 1,2,3,4,5,6 and then turn on. Bloody idiot. I should have picked it up