Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

radio security code??

comfortablynumb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec S2 bt1 1996
i recently bought a vs s2 but had to get a new auto transmition installed.the mechanic disconected the battery and now my radio wants a security code but i didnt get one when i bought the car.is it stuffed now and needs replacing or is there a factory reset to fix this?

swagon84

Reaction score
Members Ride
86 VL
The code is usually written in the owners manual well that's where mine was when mine did that if not u can get the code from Holden

EDGE3

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS COMMODORE,1996 GTS-R COMMODORE
You need to go to a Holden dealer to get the code,it will cost you $20-$30.The codes are written in the maintenance log booklet/owners manual that comes with the car,but since you said you didnt get one then you need to go to Holden.

Cracka

Banned :P
Reaction score
Members Ride
Old Sneakers
normally after an hour of the radio being on but locked it will unlock untill the battery is removed again.

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
Kind of defeats the purpose of a security coded radio?

commo tech

Reaction score
Members Ride
vyss
check in your owners manual for a card that as the code on it this was suplied from the factory, also look in the manual on the inside of the back cover it is somtimes writen on the inside of the back cover or somthing like that. if you have no joy with that any privite mechanic will be able to plug into the computer and retrive the code from there rather than pazying holden to give it to you.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I think what cracka was getting at is if the radio's pin code is entered wrong 3 times,you have to wait a hour until the pin code can be entered again.
Heres what the VR workshop manual says about it-
If the security code is entered incorrectly 3 times,the display will show a ' - ' symbol.
The security code proceedure cannot be attempted again for approximately 1 hour when the number ' 1 ' will be displayed..
Also I found my radio pin for my VS written inside on the bottom of the glove box.Someone had written it in there.Ive heard of other people finding theres there also ,so it could be worth having a quick look.You might be lucky..

Last edited:

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
i recently bought a vs s2 but had to get a new auto transmition installed.the mechanic disconected the battery and now my radio wants a security code but i didnt get one when i bought the car.is it stuffed now and needs replacing or is there a factory reset to fix this?

pm me your vin number and ill see if its on holdens database

RX25SE

Real cars are steel cars.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY07 Liberty 30R Spec B 6sp wagon
Radio code is stored in the BCM.

Your mechanic should be able to acess it with a scan tool.

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
TBH the best thing to fix that is removing the unit and installing a newer 3rd party unit. But if u seriously like it then yes check ur manual or you will have to go to holden and pay.