Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

radio security code??

djvass

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS BT1 SS 5ltr original
pm me your vin number and ill see if its on holdens database

This is the best way to get it if you dont have it. I just got a complete print out from holden on my car i just bought so i could get a key cut as car was stolen and recovered. Cost was $10 but looks like Boonz is going to look after you.

shaggs69r

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr ss charged 6 vx clubby
check in your owners manual for a card that as the code on it this was suplied from the factory, also look in the manual on the inside of the back cover it is somtimes writen on the inside of the back cover or somthing like that. if you have no joy with that any privite mechanic will be able to plug into the computer and retrive the code from there rather than pazying holden to give it to you.

yes spot on mine was in the glove box in pen in the drink holder!!!!

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Many of the Holden Dealers are now giving that info out free of charge in a more friendly approach of "Public Relations". Only if it is a newer vehicle are they more anal about ownership identification.

Here in Adelaide two dealers give out this info much more freely and don't take the stance of screwing their owners over with such a petty thing that takes all of 15 seconds of their time to retrieve.

One thing to take into consideration though is whether the radio is the original unit fitted, if not then you've got no hope.
The only other way is to contact Eurovox who made most of the original units and give them the radios serial number and for a massive fee they'll give you the code. Don't know anyone that's done this though as it's just way too expensive.

I love Toyota's method of using the last 4~6 digits of the cars VIN number as the security code that's usually entered by the original selling dealer as their radios have selectable security code procedure in them from day one.

William Weir

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2
Can you find out my stereo code for my vy please
I have just bought a VX11 comm without anything in the glovebox i.e. no owner's Handbook.
How do I get the codes to operate the clock and the radio? Bill

William Weir

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2
I have just bought a VX 11, with no Owner's Handbook.
How do I get the code for the clock and the radio after I have removed and replaced the battery?
Bill