Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Radio Security Number

Evan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Equipe 2, 2002
I have a VX commodore and needed to change the battery. I purchased the car second hand and can't find the card that the security code was written on. HOlden want to charge me $40 for the code.

Does anyone know a way around this?

many thanks

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Really holden want to charge you for this information ? it should be free, ring another Holden dealer, give them the vin and they should give it to you no questions, i have done it many times before.

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
Either take the radio out and see if it's on it or pm me your vin and I will try get it from Holden as they might give it too a trade customer for free

Adds_05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L
usually if its the original radio the code doesnt need to be re entered after taking out/disconnecting the battery, my vy didnt when i removed it then put it back in.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
usually if its the original radio the code doesnt need to be re entered after taking out/disconnecting the battery, my vy didnt when i removed it then put it back in.
Both my VT & WH with the original radios require the security PIN after disconnecting the battery for extended periods. I think if it was a quick disconnect and reconnect it didn't ask for one.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Mine's on it's last try. When i was repairing my car i had to get the number from holden cost me $20. The guy over the counter said it's ####ed this **** is charged for when it's a simple checkup nothing physically demanding.

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
Both my VT & WH with the original radios require the security PIN after disconnecting the battery for extended periods. I think if it was a quick disconnect and reconnect it didn't ask for one.

i give radio codes out for free for like 10 brands at work.. and they are all european and sports cars, dont know why holden think there codes are so special they require payment =S