Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Radio signal boost

JoeRogan

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Evoke Sedan
I've tinted my VE sedan and have since found that the radio signal has reduced. (I know this is because the rear window demister acts as an antenna).

I've purchase one of these off ebay :-

wjz8fm.jpg

Can someone in the know tell me if I can actually fit this to my VE? If so, what's the best way to go about it and can a noob like me do it?

thanks ! :D

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Wrong sort of connectors for a VE.

MrTinky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
You need a connector called FAKRA to connect to the VE's

grundybin

Reaction score
Website
elektron.host.sk
Members Ride
VF II Calais V V8 Wagon
Curious, if the rear window demister acts like an antenna, why is there that big ass aerial on the back of the VE's?

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Yikes!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Turtle2388

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Mine have 13% tint. Wayyy past legal and my antenna is fantastic! Pick up Radio 2gb from Sydney 250km away. FM isn't as good however still great! Maybe there's another issue or the tInter damaged something?

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
You can paint the back window black if you like, it is only the drivers and front passenger windows that have a tint limit. Well in Vic anyway.

I have never heard of the demister being used for radio reception, besides the ites that have an on glass antenna, you can't use a metallic based tiny on that as it does interfere with signal, but not models with an on roof antenna. in fact my fm reception is crap and currently being investigated by the factory as to why under warranty.

Turtle2388

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Strange mines good. If the FM station for the town I'm in works clearly and in about a 50km radius I'm happy. Some radio stations have crap base stations to that's another thing to keep in mind. But as for the antenna I would of thought the roof antenna was the ONLY radio antenna on the car.

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
I've always had pretty poor reception compared the old mast style antennas, on the upside atleast I don't have to worry about the antenna getting stuck half way up or down with that stupid dack, dack, dack sound!!!!

Turtle2388

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
I've always had pretty poor reception compared the old mast style antennas, on the upside atleast I don't have to worry about the antenna getting stuck half way up or down with that stupid dack, dack, dack sound!!!!

The dack dack dack noise used to P me off big time. I hate electric arials.