Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Radio unlock code

Jackiejay

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx commodore 2001
My battery was disconnected and I entered the unlock code, the radio came on but it flashes on the display screen and turns itself off after two minutes and then I have to enter code again.. Very annoying
Any help would be appreciated

Lacksballs

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Members Ride
VK Group C Replica, 1995 VR Sedan
How do I enter my security code to my Eurovox radio/cassette/CD Unit?
Turn ignition key to 'Accessories' and a number '1' or code '1' or similar will appear. Press corresponding preset buttons as you read you security code. If you have a 6 digit security code, the display will count the preset buttons pressed. i.e. display will show '1' the '2' then '3' and so on up to '6' regardless of which number is pressed. If the security code is correct, the radio will turn on. If the security code is incorrect, the display will show '2' or 'code 2' or similar. After 3 incorrect attempts, the radio will go into 'lockout mode'.

Why has my radio got horizontal lines on the display and is not responding to any buttons?
The radio has had 3 incorrect security codes entered and is now in lockout mode. For recent model radio's leave 1 hour (some radio's require ignition key to be on accessories). For older model radio's, remove power to radio by either unplugging radio or disconnecting the negative lead on the battery for 1 hour.

My radio will not accept my security code?
(1) This radio may have been replaced and now requires a different security code
(2) The security code you have been supplied is wrong.
(3) This radio has an internal fault. To check if radio works there is a temporary test code '1111' or '111111' can be used for most of Eurovox Radio. This only lasts for approx 3 minutes.