Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

radio upgrade

cr8

Reaction score
Members Ride
hsv Ve 2009
Hello

im looking to upgrade my radio currently i have standard one same as first picture , i heard that i need to install HAVC to make the AC work again but im really not sure what other parts i need :D

Attachments

• 323221.JPG
    323221.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 196
  • 424.jpg
    424.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 179

Xplaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV
Hello

im looking to upgrade my radio currently i have standard one same as first picture , i heard that i need to install HAVC to make the AC work again but im really not sure what other parts i need :D
If you are upgrading to the one in the 2nd picture, pretty sure you need to get the unit programmed to you VIN.

cr8

Reaction score
Members Ride
hsv Ve 2009
If you are upgrading to the one in the 2nd picture, pretty sure you need to get the unit programmed to you VIN.
yes i did that

cr8

Reaction score
Members Ride
hsv Ve 2009
well i find out that i need Modded HVAC ,,,,

can i just go to the junkyard and get a HVAC from a duel zone car? or that wont work?

Last edited:

Woodsy104

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Commodore SSV Sedan
well i find out that i need Modded HVAC ,,,,

can i just go to the junkyard and get a HVAC from a duel zone car? or what wont work?
yeah since your car is single zone and that head unit is from a ssv which is dual zone

cr8

Reaction score
Members Ride
hsv Ve 2009
yeah since your car is single zone and that head unit is from a ssv which is dual zone
can i just get that HVAC from a wreck ssv and install it on my car ? or i have to buy a new Modded HVAC