Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Radio Volume after CarPlay

jackfrost

Jack Frost
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE Omega Ute
Hello all,

just picked up a near new ZB RS Liftback. Very good value in the current market! And it really is a great car.

I have a question on radio volume after disconnecting an iPhone from CarPlay. Its so much louder (probably due to CarPlay audio being quieter) but its very annoying. Is there any way to have different audio levels? or even set the head unit be off/no source by default? Surely defaulting to a no audio state makes more sense then blaring a random radio station, but I cant seem to find a way to do that.

Any tips appreciated.

Jack

Fuel

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB RS 2.0P
I know with my Kenwood unit in previous car, that my iPhone volume, high or low, would come into effect when reverting to it's own receive/output levels.

Pablito

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, VE SS
Is the audio turned up on your phone?
My car is the same. Changing the volume on my phone changes the volume on the car speakers also. So if volume is set too low on phone.......it's really quiet compared to the radio.

Ceramic

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB RS AWD V6
Same here, I open my door before detaching the USB from my phone to completely cut the power to the radio. It would appear that the volume pre-sets are messed up, since listening to anything above 10 is very loud