Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Radius Rod not lining up

SquishyShoes

or something like that
Reaction score
Members Ride
Shoes
Hey all,

I've recently started replacing the bushes in the front of my vt. Only problem is, now that I'm putting it all back together the radius rod on the passenger side fouls on the sway bar. It doesn't do this on the drivers side, it just goes straight in no problems. I've replaced all the bushes with Whiteline ones, but the front one on the radius rod won't line up with the hole properly, I've got it mostly in but with a lot of effort.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

shueardm

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Ive done it but cant remember if I had problem like this.
It's usually down to loosening one of the other bushes or parts to decrease the tension.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Has everything been installed properly? Trying to put the Radius rod in backwards?
New bushes all the way in and not crooked?
If all ok I guess just pull it into line... maybe your car has been in an accident and something is bent.

gohrdrgomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VxCaly57
Hey all,

I've recently started replacing the bushes in the front of my vt. Only problem is, now that I'm putting it all back together the radius rod on the passenger side fouls on the sway bar. It doesn't do this on the drivers side, it just goes straight in no problems. I've replaced all the bushes with Whiteline ones, but the front one on the radius rod won't line up with the hole properly, I've got it mostly in but with a lot of effort.

Any ideas?

Cheers.
When the car is elevated meaning front wheels of the ground on stands place a jack under the control arm. Raise the jack enough to allow fitment

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
I usually raise the car and stack 4x2's under the tyres and let it down again.
Then you can do all suspension work (like wheel alignment) in the loaded position.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
One of the above would surely be your issue. Changed all my front bushes and struts a couple of months ago and had no problems . Everything went back to together with no problems and as they should.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Sway bar? Do you mean lower control arm?

Did you buy a kit with increased castor on the passenger side?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Sway bar? Do you mean lower control arm?

Did you buy a kit with increased castor on the passenger side?

The kits for caster use washer location to increase or decrease the caster

SquishyShoes

or something like that
Reaction score
Members Ride
Shoes
Thanks for all the advice guys, I guess I'll unbolt the lower control arm and double check the rear radius rod bush is in hte right way, as I'm pretty sure that I have the radius rod itself the right way and go from there. Thanks.

SquishyShoes

or something like that
Reaction score
Members Ride
Shoes
Thanks for all the advice guys, I guess I'll unbolt the lower control arm and double check the rear radius rod bush is in the right way, as I'm pretty sure that I have the radius rod itself the right way and go from there. Thanks.